The Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts offers students both paid and unpaid internship opportunities designed to provide students with useful skills that complement their studies and that will assist them in future employment. The internships enable students to make important contributions to the state government while participating in a challenging and rewarding work experience. The internships are offered in the fall, spring and summer semesters.
- The applicant must be at least 16 years of age.
- The applicant must be currently enrolled in a college or university.
- The applicant must demonstrate an interest in Texas government, public administration, legislation, public outreach, communication, research, accounting, revenue estimating, data collection, tax administration, tax enforcement, tax audit, fiscal management, revenue administration, innovation and technology, human resources, legal or budget and must express a desire to work at the Comptroller's office.
- Unpaid interns must be able to work a minimum of 10 hours weekly.
- Paid interns must work a minimum of 20 hours weekly.
- To be eligible for a paid internship, the applicant may not have a family member employed by the Comptroller’s office.
How to Apply
Students should check our agency's current job openings for paid internship postings. All interested students must use our online application tool in the job postings area — just register once to apply for openings.
You can also fax or mail completed Comptroller Internship Applications to:Comptroller of Public Accounts
Attn: Human Resources, Internship Coordinator
111 E. 17th Street, LBJ Building
Austin, Texas 78774
Fax: (512) 475-4804
For additional information, contact the Internship Coordinator by phone at (512) 936-4143 or by email.
Please contact your college or university career services department to see if work experience with the Comptroller’s office qualifies for course credit.