Learn How to Get Started
Before You Begin:
You will need to have the Texas taxpayer ID number(s) and WebFile number(s) printed on correspondence you received via mail from the Comptroller's office.
To access multiple taxpayer accounts from one user ID, have all of the Texas taxpayer ID number(s) and WebFile number(s) for the accounts you wish to access.
Step 1: Select "First-time User? Sign up"
Select "First-time user? Sign up" to create your own unique account.
Step 2: Create a profile
This will include a unique user ID, email address, your name, telephone number, password and a security question and answer you can remember in the future.
Step 3: From the Menu
- Select the menu item to electronically file and/or pay taxes/fees.
- Enter the 11-digit taxpayer number of the tax account you wish to access.
- Select the tax/fee available you wish to access.
- Enter the WebFile number for that account.
What is my WebFile number and where do I find it?
Your WebFile number is your "access code" to WebFile issued by the Comptroller's office. It is printed in the upper left corner of the tax report we mail to each taxpayer and on most notices (Example: RT666666).
If you do not have your WebFile number, you can contact us at (800) 442-3453 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This automated system can provide a WebFile number if you can provide confidential information from a previously filed report. You can request a duplicate report via this automated system if you cannot provide the confidential information.
System Guides and Demonstrations
- 911 Taxes
- Automobile Burglary and Theft Prevention Authority Tax
- Automotive Oil Fee
- Battery Tax
- Boat and Boat Motor Sales and Use Tax
- Cement Production Tax
- Coastal Protection Fee
- Court Costs and Fees
- Photographic Traffic Enforcement Systems
- Excess Highway Fines
- Legal Services for Indigents
- Child Safety Seat and Seat Belt Violation
- City Criminal Costs and Fees
- County Criminal Costs and Fees
- Civil Fees
- Sexual Assault/Substance Abuse Felony Programs
- Compensation to Victims of Crime Auxiliary Fund
- Drug Court Program Account
- Crude Oil Taxes
- Direct Pay Sales and Use Tax
- Fireworks Tax
- Hotel Tax
- Insurance Maintenance Taxes
- Insurance Premiums Taxes
- Loan Administration Fee
- Manufactured Housing Sales and Use Tax
- Maquiladora Export
- Miscellaneous Gross Receipts Tax
- Mixed Beverage Tax
- Motor Vehicle
- Motor Vehicle Taxes Remitted by County Tax Assessors/Collectors
- Natural Gas Taxes
- Oil and Gas Well Servicing Tax
- Oyster Sales Fee
- Petroleum Products Delivery Fee
- Sulphur Production Tax
- Tobacco Distributor
- Volunteer Fire Department Assistance Fund Assessment