About Fiscal Notes
Fiscal Notes is one of the ways in which the Comptroller's office strives to assist taxpayers and the people of Texas. The newsletter is a byproduct of the Comptroller's constitutional responsibilities to monitor the state's economy and to estimate state government revenues.
Fiscal Notes also provides a periodic summary of Texas state government's financial statements.
Articles and analysis appearing in Fiscal Notes do not necessarily represent the policy or endorsement of the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts. Space is devoted to a wide variety of topics of Texas interest and general government concern.
Fiscal Notes provides information, original research and balanced analysis on the Texas economy. Subscribe to receive updates in your inbox.
Reproduction of Fiscal Notes’ Articles
Fiscal Notes is not copyrighted. While articles may be freely reproduced and distributed, we request that you observe the following guidelines:
- Publish the story in its entirety.
- Do not alter the article, except for references to time that no longer apply (e.g., today, yesterday, tomorrow).
- Avoid using or reprinting images, logos or text that are intellectual property of others (e.g., trademark, copyright) or that others have a right in how it is used such as privacy and publicity rights. Not everything that appears in Fiscal Notes is Comptroller-owned material. You may encounter works such as images contributed by external entities or licensed for one-time use. The Comptroller is unable to grant permission for any material that may be included in Fiscal Notes for which the protected right is owned by a third party, including another government agency. Should you need permission to use protected intellectual property belonging to third parties, contact the right holder directly.
- Please publish the title and author’s name.
- Please don’t resell our articles.
- Don’t sell ads against our article. You may, however, publish our articles on a page with ads that were already sold.
- If you publish our article online, please include all the internal links and link to our original article as it appears on https://comptroller.texas.gov/economy/fiscal-notes/.
- Please do not use our articles in a way that implies an endorsement or testimonial by our office or employees.
For questions on reproduction of Fiscal Notes articles, contact the Texas Comptroller’s Editorial Team.