If you are unable to file using Webfile, use our downloadable .PDF reports, designed to work with the free Adobe Reader. While other browsers and viewers may open these files, they may not function as intended unless you download and install the latest version of Adobe Reader.
2015 Texas Franchise Tax Report Information and Instructions (PDF)
No Tax Due
For the 2015 report year, a passive entity as defined in Texas Tax Code Section 171.0003; an entity that has total annualized revenue less than or equal to the no tax due threshold of $1,080,000; an entity that has zero Texas gross receipts; or an entity that is a Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) meeting the qualifications specified in Texas Tax Code Section 171.0002(c)(4) can file a No Tax Due Report.
For the 2015 report year, an entity, including a combined group, can file using the EZ Computation if it has annualized total revenue of $10 million or less.
Any entity that does not elect to file using the EZ Computation, or that does not qualify to file a No Tax Due Report, should file the Long Form report.
- 05-158-A and 05-158-B, Franchise Tax Report (pages 1 and 2) - ANNUAL (PDF) or FINAL (PDF)
- 05-160, Credits Summary Schedule - ANNUAL (PDF) or FINAL (PDF)
- 05-102, Public Information Report - ANNUAL (PDF)
- 05-167, Ownership Information Report - ANNUAL (PDF)
- 05-170, Payment Form - ANNUAL (PDF) or FINAL (PDF)
- 05-166, Affiliate Schedule (for combined groups) - ANNUAL (PDF) or FINAL (PDF)
- 05-175, Tiered Partnership Report (required for tiered partnerships only) - ANNUAL (PDF) or FINAL (PDF)
- 05-177, Common Owner Information Report - ANNUAL (PDF) or FINAL (PDF)
- 05-178, Research and Development Activities Credits Schedule - ANNUAL (PDF) or FINAL (PDF)
- 05-180, Historic Structure Credit Supplement for Credit Claimed on Report - ANNUAL (PDF) or FINAL (PDF)
Questionnaires for Franchise Tax Accountability
- AP-114, Texas Nexus Questionnaire (PDF) (for these non-Texas entities: corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, associations, joint ventures, holding companies, joint stock companies and railroad companies)
- AP-231, Texas Trust Questionnaire (PDF)
- AP-223, Bank Nexus Questionnaire (PDF) (for these entities: Savings and Loans, State Banks, Federal Banks, Savings Banks and Foreign Country Banks)
- AP-224, Texas Business Questionnaire (PDF) (for these Texas entities: partnerships, associations, trusts, joint ventures, joint stock companies and railroad companies)
Professional Employer Organization Report (to submit to client companies)
Historic Structure Credit
Status Change or Closing or Reinstating a Business
Franchise tax report forms should be mailed to the following address:
Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
P.O. Box 149348
Austin, TX 78714-9348