Battery Sales Fee Return
Lead-Acid Battery: Any new or used battery which contains lead and sulfuric acid. The battery sales fee is imposed at a rate of:
- $2 for a lead-acid battery with a capacity of less than 12 volts
- $3 for a lead acid battery with a capacity of 12 volts or more.
A battery is exempt from this fee if:
- it has an ampere-hour rating of less than 10 ampere-hours
- the sum of its dimensions (length, width, and height) is less than 15 inches and
- it is sealed to prevent maintenance.
If your question is not addressed here, contact us.