Texas Direct Deposit Simple. Safe. Smart. Green.
Why State Payees Sign Up for Direct Deposit
- "Wait in line? Not me. I don't have an hour to waste."
- "No more worries about getting my payment into my account."
- "Direct deposit never gets lost or stolen."
- "I can relax, knowing direct deposit is always working."
Fast Facts about Direct Deposit
Direct deposit is the electronic transfer of payments from the state of Texas directly into your checking or savings account:
- Simple — easy to set up and use
- Safe — ensures confidentiality and reduces fraud
- Smart — saves time and processing costs
- Green — helps protect the environment
Three Simple Steps
- Sign Up
Contact your Paying Agency to obtain the form applicable to you.
- Set Up
The state agency issuing your payments sets up your account information for direct deposit to submit to your financial institution.
- Your financial institution tests your payment instructions to verify that all information is correct. This process usually takes three banking days.
- If the test is successful, your new payments will automatically go into your account.
- Use the state tool available to search and view Your Payment Information.