International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) Refunds and Credits

Credits with amounts greater than the $14.99 will be automatically refunded.

For amounts less than $14.99, the taxpayer will need to request a refund from the Comptroller's office. If a refund is not requested, then all credits (at any amount) will remain open for eight quarters and can be applied to other IFTA report periods that may have a liability.

To request a refund of taxes paid in error, taxpayers must provide the Comptroller's office with the following information:

Send tax refund requests to:

Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
111 E. 17th Street
Austin, TX 78774-0100

For refund information related to IFTA, please call 800-531-5441, ext. 3-3678.