Texas Farm and Ranch Survey
The Comptroller’s office is required by Texas Government Code Section 403.302 to determine the taxable value of property in each Texas school district. These value determinations are essential for ensuring an equitable distribution of state funds for school finance purposes. The productivity value of agricultural land is an important part of the School District Property Value Study (SDPVS), and you have the knowledge and expertise to help us ensure accurate study results.
To estimate productivity value, the Property Tax Assistance Division (PTAD) uses information gathered from professionals through the Farm and Ranch Survey. Using 2021 farm and ranch production data, please complete the 2022 Texas Farm and Ranch Survey (PDF).
Below are some key points to assist you:
ATTN: Property Tax Assistance Division
- No names are required on the survey, but contact information is helpful if questions arise regarding your responses.
- The survey form is a PDF file that includes graphics, fillable form fields, scripts and functionality that work best with the free Adobe Reader. While other browsers and viewers may open the survey form, it may not function as intended unless you download and install the latest version of Adobe Reader.
- You will not be able to save an electronic copy of your responses, so it may be helpful to preview the survey and collect your answers in advance. We also recommend that you print a copy of your completed survey for your records before submitting.
- If you need assistance with this survey, please contact Joe Holcomb or Sarah Gutierrez at 800-252-9121 (press 1 to access the directory and then enter 6-6945 or 3-3759, respectively).
- If you have problems submitting this survey electronically, you can mail a printed version to the following address:
Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
P.O. Box 13528
Austin, TX 78711-9939