A number of sites offer research and information about Texas via their own database tools. Browse the listings below to find additional data sources and information that affects Texans.
Please note that inclusion on this page does not imply any endorsement by the Comptroller's Office. Accuracy of all data is the responsibility of the site owner or administrator and cannot be verified by the Comptroller's office. All links were valid at the time of publication. Changes to web sites not maintained by the office of the Texas Comptroller may not be reflected in the links below.
If you have any questions about the data listed on this page, please direct your inquiries to that site directly. To report a broken link or submit a site for inclusion on this page, please use this form
Texas.gov Open Data
This one-stop portal on the official website of the State of Texas provides access to files from the Texas Office of the Governor, Texas Workforce Commission, Texas General Land Office, Texas Education Agency and a number of other state agencies.
Texas Demographic Center
The Texas Demographic Center, in cooperation with a network of affiliates, function as a focal point for the distribution of census bureau information for Texas. The center also disseminates population estimates and projections for Texas, as well as other information from the federal government, state government and other sources.
- Attorney General of Texas Colonia Geographic Database
Access information about locations, boundaries, roads, water features and community resources for over 2,000 colonias in 31 border area counties.
- Texas General Land Office Geographic Information Systems Data
GIS datasets such as highways, hydrography, county boundaries, parks, topology, ecology, geology, state leases, pipelines and beaches.
- Texas General Land Office Land Grant Search
Search for land grants and maps dating to the 18th century that relate to the passage of Texas public lands to private ownership.
- Texas General Land Office Interactive Land/Lease Mapping System
View Original Texas Land Survey (OTLS) boundaries, state-owned lands, upland and coastal leases, oil/gas wells and the latest coastal imagery.
- Texas Department of Transportation Highway Conditions
Get information about issues that may impede the flow of traffic on state highways.
- Texas Natural Resources Information System (TNRIS) Geospatial Data Search
Search Texas geographic data with TNRIS's database, which contains one million frames of aerial photography and over 50 unique datasets.
- Texas Railroad Commission Oil, Gas and Pipeline Data Public GIS Viewer
Query and view detailed information and location coordinates for oil wells, gas wells and pipelines from the Commission's files with base map data captured from U.S. Geological Survey 7.5 minute quadrangle maps.
- Texas Tech University Center for Geospatial Technology Digital Atlas of Texas Counties
Access population, economic and health data by county.
- U.S. Department of Agriculture Web Soil Survey
The Web Soil Survey (WSS) provides soil data and information produced by the National Cooperative Soil Survey. It is operated by the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Natural Resources Conservation Service and provides access to the largest natural resource information system in the world. The site is updated and maintained online as the single authoritative source of soil survey information.
- U.S. Geological Survey National Map Seamless Server
The National Map Seamless Server allows users to explore and retrieve topographic data. The U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) and the Earth Resources Observation and Science (EROS) Data Center are committed to providing access to geospatial data.
- U.S. Geological Survey Real-time Water Data for Texas
View daily streamflow conditions statewide in map or table form. Real-time data are transmitted to USGS offices every 1 to 4 hours, depending on the data relay technique used. Recording and transmission times may be more frequent during critical events. Data from real-time sites are relayed to USGS offices via satellite, telephone and/or radio and are available for viewing within minutes of arrival.
Texas Budget Source
This report generator provides the general public information on the Texas state budget. Generate budget reports for a specific state agency or reports organized by the articles of the General Appropriations Bill.
Legislative Budget Board Texas Contracts Searchable Database
The Legislative Budget Board is responsible for maintaining the master database of all state government contracts that fall under the following criteria:
- contracts for $14,000 or more for consulting services as defined by Section 2254.021(1), Government Code;
- contracts for $14,000 or more for professional services as defined by Section 2254.002(2), Government Code;
- contracts for $14,000 or more for construction services;
- contracts for $100,000 or more for major information systems as defined by Section 2054.008, Government Code; or
- contracts for $50,000 or more for goods or services that are not consulting services, professional services, construction services or
- major information systems.