Original Returns

You can file an original tax (or fee) return via Webfile. An original return is the first return filed per period with the Comptroller's Office.

Amended Returns

You can file an amended tax/fee return via Webfile. An amended return changes the data previously filed. Amended returns filed through Webfile will reflect the data originally filed with the Comptroller's Office. Change only the data that you need to amend.

Amended returns resulting in a credit balance cannot be submitted through Webfile.

Amended returns that result in a credit balance must be submitted on a paper form. Instructions for requesting a refund are available at Comptroller.Texas.Gov. Search for "Tax Refund".

Mail amended returns with a credit balance to:

Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
Refund Verifications
111 East 17th Street
Austin, Texas 78774

Forms can be printed from Comptroller.Texas.Gov, and are also available at the State Comptroller's Field Office nearest you.

Make a Payment Only

Payments and prepayments can be submitted via the Webfile system for the current report period without filing a report. You can also submit a payment for a period with an open liability.

View Return Summary

Return Summary reflects data, payment and balance due for the current information on file for the period selected.

View Transaction History

Transaction History reflects a history of electronic reports and payments transmitted via the Webfile system.

Account Self-Service

Request a Duplicate Sales Tax Permit allows you to request duplicate permits for locations that are in active/permitted status. One duplicate permit may be ordered every 30 days per location.

For extenuating circumstances or questions about your business locations, call 800-531-5441 ext. 3-0925.

Need assistance?

If your question is not addressed here, contact us.