Here you'll find resources for putting together a successful application.
Identify how much it will cost to meet community goals.
Determine potential funding models for your community.
- Is there a matching cost-share opportunity?
- Does the community already have funds available, or will it need to borrow?
Research federal funding programs.
Be sure to learn what federal funding opportunities allow for and what they don’t.
Research grant opportunities in Texas.
The BDO has established the Bringing Online Opportunities to Texas (BOOT) program and is working to develop additional funding programs using state and federal funds. The BDO Funding page summarizes all the funding programs the office oversees.
When preparing an application…
Prepare these resources before submitting an application for funding:
- Financial statements that are audited by an independent certified public accountant.
- Documentation that demonstrates sustainability of proposed projects.
- Profile of management personnel including resumes and organizational charts detailing all parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Network design, diagram, project costs, build-out timeline and milestones for project implementation.
- Technical qualifications and ability to complete, operate, and carry out the funded project activities.
- The operational capability to qualify to complete and operate the project.
- Audited financial statements that demonstrate financial capabilities.
- A letter demonstrating local government support.
- Activities related to increasing digital adoption and literacy.
- Coordination and collaboration with local community.
- A workforce that meets high safety and training standards.
If your question is not addressed here, Email us.