Hotel Engine is a private hotel booking platform that connects State of Texas travelers to rates unavailable to the public and streamlines business travel management. With dedicated, 24/7 customer support services, a simple search and book process, and customized account management tools, Hotel Engine is the contracted vendor for the State of Texas.
October 1, 2023 - August 25, 2025
The Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts has awarded a contract to Hotel Engine for discounted rates for state agencies, institutions of higher education and local governments on transient travel while doing business for the State of Texas.
Note: The Hotel Engine booking platform is only to be used for making business-related travel reservations. Any personal or leisure travel is strictly prohibited.
971-M1 Contract details
How to Participate
Hotel Engine Support Team
24 hour Support
Hotel Engine State of Texas Contact
Account Management Team
Hours- Mon to Fri 8:00 am to 5:00 pm CST
Group Travel Booking Information
Group Travel Bookings is a required offering under the current 971-M1 lodging contract with Hotel Engine that allows lodging for bookings for eleven (11) or more travelers.
Group Travel Booking Restrictions:
Group bookings include charges for lodging and other non-food lodging-related expenses only. Other services including meals, meeting spaces, conference planning, and audio-visual services are not permitted and must be procured by customers under the appropriate purchasing processes.
Customers booking conference or training events where associated non-lodging services at the same location are procured in coordination with lodging, are not required to book group lodging under this contract, and shall follow applicable procurement laws, rules, and procedures to secure the lodging and other services.
Group Bookings General Contract Information:
- The contracted vendor is required to acknowledge group booking requests within 48 business hours of submission.
- Provide group travel booking contract options within 5 business days of request.
- Negotiate rate(s) lower than the State of Texas contract rate or ensure the State of Texas contract rate is always available.
- Negotiate cancellation policies that are advantageous for customers.
- In the event a confirmed booking is cancelled by the contracted vendor or lodging establishment, the contracted vendor shall promptly provide to the traveler equal or better lodging for the duration of the booking for no more than the confirmed lodging rate either at the same establishment or, if no room is available at the same establishment, at an alternate establishment located within five miles of the confirmed lodging.
- In the event the traveler relies on incorrect information regarding the State of Texas contract rate displayed in the booking tool, the contracted vendor shall provide the customer or, if applicable, the traveler within thirty calendar days a refund of the difference between the correct State of Texas contract rate and the billed rate.
Hotel Engine Group Booking Process:
- Log into your Hotel Engine Account.
- Under the Groups tab, fill out the required information to the best of your ability. The more information Hotel Engine has up front, the faster they can setup your group reservation.
- After a group's request is sent, a Group Sales Manager (GSM) will reach out to verify that the information is correct and complete, within 48 business hours.
- The Groups team will locate appropriate properties to meet the request.
- Hotel options will be available in the Groups Tab, where customers can compare the options from the Groups dashboard on demand. Depending on the complexity of the order, within 72 hours (about 3 business days) of the original request time.
- Users will select the preferred property from the options on their account.
- The GSM will introduce the user to their Groups Specialist that will process the agreement between the user and the hotel, as well as manage rooming lists, modifications, and payment.
- On day of Check-in, Hotel Engine's 24/7 support team will be available for all reservation related requests.
- If you have any questions regarding group travel, please contact Hotel Engine at:
1-800-803-0452 or email@example.com.