Are you ready to tap into Texas-sized business opportunities? Before you get started, first make sure you can answer yes to these questions:
- Are you in good standing with the state?
- If applicable, is your franchise tax account status “ACTIVE”?
- Have you reviewed the franchise tax FAQs, the list of taxable entities and the Texas franchise tax forms?
- Have you confirmed whether your business entity is subject to the franchise tax?
Additionally, be sure you have the following information readily available to enter as part of the registration process:
- An Employer Identification Number (EIN) issued by the IRS is REQUIRED for registration.
- To obtain an EIN number, go to the IRS website C3 or contact by phone at 800-829-4933. Foreign address vendors (addresses outside the continental USA including the states of Alaska and Hawaii) should contact IRS at 215-516-6999. The Comptroller's office takes a proactive approach in the prevention of identity theft and does not accept social security numbers for registration.
- Your company business structure.
- The list of purchasing class and item codes closest to the actual product or service which can be provided.
- The relevant Texas highway district(s) where your products or services are available/deliverable.
If you answered yes to all of the questions, and you have all the information noted above readily available, let's get started!
Step 1 - Create User Profile
To register for the Centralized Master Bidders List (CMBL) to be a state vendor, you need to set up your eSystems user account.
- Create Profile
- Go to the Login screen and click “Create Password”.
- Set up your own unique user ID, email address, name, telephone number and password.
- Please keep your information current - this helps the Comptroller’s office provide you with the best customer service.
- Select security questions and answers (required for "Forgot User ID" or "Forgot Password.")
- Complete the email verification process
Step 2 - Begin CMBL application process by establishing your State Vendor Account
- On the eSystems Menu, select the “Apply for CMBL” and continue following the prompts as instructed through the registration process.
- If applying for CMBL, please note that the annual registration fee is $70.00. After you have completed the registration process, you will have the option of submitting the registration fee online with a credit/debit card or check/debit (U.S. addresses only), or mailing the payment in for processing.
Apply for HUB Certification
The statewide Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) certification program has moved online. It’s free to apply — find out
what Texas businesses are eligible to become certified HUBs.
Ready to apply? Apply to become a certified HUB on the Texas Statewide HUB System.