Franchise Tax Frequently Asked Questions


Can a combined group use the 100 percent tax due option in requesting an extension?

Yes, if the combined group was subject to the franchise tax in the previous year, even if members of the combined group have changed.

What are the extension requirements for the first annual report?

Annual extension requirements will apply for all annual reports, including the first annual report. On the first annual report, the option to pay 100 percent of the prior year's tax is not available.