programs Education


Part-time jobs to help students earn money to pay for school

Money is earned while attending school and does not have to be repaid. Part-time jobs can be on campus or off campus. Student must demonstrate financial need. Available to undergraduate, graduate and professional students enrolled as full-time or part-time. The program encourages community service work and work related to student's course of study, whenever possible. Student earns at least the current federal minimum wage; however, may earn more depending on type of work and skills required for the position. Undergraduate students are paid by the hour. The amount earned cannot exceed the total FWS award. Work hours are assigned with class schedules and academic progress taken into consideration.

  • It's available to undergraduate, graduate, and professional students with financial need.
  • It's available to full-time or part-time students.
  • It's administered by schools participating in the Federal Work-Study Program. Check with your school's financial aid office to find out if your school participates.
  • You'll earn at least the current federal minimum wage. However, you may earn more depending on the type of work you do and the skills required for the position.
  • Your total work-study award depends on when you apply, your level of financial need, and your school's funding level.
  • How you're paid depends partly on whether you're an undergraduate or graduate student.
  • If you are an undergraduate student, you're paid by the hour.
  • If you are a graduate or professional student, you're paid by the hour or by salary, depending on the work you do.
  • Your school must pay you at least once a month.
  • Your school must pay you directly unless you request that the school send your payments directly to your bank account or use the money to pay for your education-related charges (e.g., tuition, fees, food, and housing).

Copyright © 2023 - 2024 by Minnie Stevens Piper Foundation. All Rights Reserved.