Texas Sales and Use Tax Frequently Asked Questions

Reporting and Paying

What if I made a mistake on my return and need to make changes?

You can submit an amended return by:

  • making corrections on a copy of the original return you filed; or
  • completing a new return with the correct information.

In both cases, write “Amended Return” on the top of the form and sign and date the return.

Send the amended return, and if you underpaid your taxes the additional tax due, plus any penalties and interest, to:

Comptroller of Public Accounts
111 E. 17th Street
Austin Texas 78774-0100

If you overpaid your taxes, see Sales Tax Refunds.